On Hold James's GroundsKeeper Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by James, Aug 26, 2017.

1. James

James New Member
    Ravenclaw

+What is your ingame username, and nickname?
    Crestfallenbane, James.
    +What position are you applying for?
    Grounds Keeper.
    +What timezone do you live and/or work in?
    EST.
    +Can you use Slack?
    Already in the slack team
    +How long have you been on UltraCraft?
    About 2 months.
    +How often are you online on UltraCraft?
    Very Often.
    +Have you ever been jailed, muted, or banned? If so, why?
    Not On this server, but on another server Yes.
    +What reasons do you have for applying to become a staff member?
    I want to do more to help people and keep Ultracraft clean, And healthy.
    +What can you contribute to the team that you can’t as a player?
    I cant contribute my full support as a player but as a staff member i can help out more than i do.
    +Do you get along with all players and staff? If not, why?
    I don't get along with people that assume everything needs to centered around them.

2. gamergirlxo

gamergirlxo Owner of Ultracraft
    Staff Member Owner Hufflepuff Admin

I am neutral for the time being. I need to see your behavior more so in-game and how you interact and such with the other players.

However, here's a scenario for you.

Imagine you have two players who have it out for each other and they make it apparent in chat. Their conversations usually include taking stabs at each other, causing drama, language, etc. You've warned them and asked them several times to take it to PM but they haven't. How would you proceed with dealing with these players?

3. James

James New Member
    Ravenclaw

I would proceed by muting for a short times then if it doesn't improve then i will alert a higher staff member.

gamergirlxo likes this.
  4. gamergirlxo

Alright. Well let me continue watching your behavior in-game as well as the other staff members and we'll go from there. :)

5. James

James New Member
    Ravenclaw

Thank you Gigi

6. gamergirlxo

I'm still neutral on this. There's a few reasons:

-Your activity. I know things come up, life happens, accidents (literally) happen, etc. but random activity spits like that have me concerned. Again, I am understanding but we need staff that can be as active as possible even when life is happening - updates, things like that, etc.
    - Again with your activity, you just came back from a tough spout of things. Some things around here have changed and a huge update is coming - things like that, I feel you should get further acquainted with.
    - Along with the acquaintance, I'd like to see you involve yourself again with the community and become an integral part of the community before I can make a decision.
    - I also take into consideration your time as professor and there were some ups and downs and that's not entirely your fault - that could just be the nature of that position but it is something that I think about when someone applies (if another role applies to them). How was their activity during that time? how was communication? how did they handle something when it came up? Things like that.
    - There have also been some issues in the past that concern me. I remember hearing about some kind of PVP accident that happened and there was the accident with the...endermite at the enderman farm which caused the enderman farm to be removed for a certain amount of time (and is still removed) and those are things that make me wonder if maybe you have a tendency to act on impulse or "in the moment" type things.

Anyway, just need more time to watch your activity and behavior and such. Hopefully all of this makes sense.

7. James

James New Member
    Ravenclaw

Alright, i understand completely.